Saturday, March 5, 2011

Formula Can Art Supply Organizers

My 2-year-old has taken a recent liking to doing art projects: watercolors, coloring, drawing, cutting, gluing, putting stickers on paper...she likes it all right now. And I like it too. I love watching her be creative and make her own little masterpieces. Al this art-making poses a bit of a storage dilemma, however. This is our old "art box". The "art box of craziness" I like to call it.

Everything was just thrown in there and it was hard to know which supplies were actually living in there. And, every time Little Peanut wanted to color, or draw with markers, etc, out came this whole big, honking art bin and then her two-year-old little brain would want to get out all of the art supplies, and things sometimes got a little bit out of control. That's where the formula canisters come in. I always have a hard time throwing these away because they just seem like they could be so useful for something. So, on one of my days off last week I dug the canisters out of the basement, got out some scrapbook paper, tape, markers, and scissors and went to work. I just measured the scrapbook paper and cut it to fit each canister. Then, I labeled each piece of paper with a marker, wrapped it around the canister and secured it with tape at the seam. Done!
I think they look kind of cute sitting up there on the shelf. And...it makes it MUCH easier when we do an art project. If we are working with markers, we just take the "marker" can to the kitchen table with us and the rest of the other art supplies aren't their distracting Little Peanut from what it was she wanted to do in the first place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment