Friday, March 18, 2011

"The Help"

I loved this book...

One of my good friends loaned it to me shortly after I had little Mr. Man last Summer. It has taken me nine months to actually pick it up and read it ( my poor friend may never want to loan me anything again - that's just how we roll around here these days with two kids... a little bit behind schedule), but once I started it, I couldn't put it down. I just finished reading it a couple of days ago, and I already miss the characters in the book; kind of like you miss a good friend that you haven't seen in a while. Am I just weird, or does that ever happen to you when you read a really great book about really great characters? I miss reading about them when the book has finally come to an end. Anyway, I digress. I thought this was a beautiful, thought-provoking story, and I really liked how Kathryn Stockett didn't necessarily follow all of the predictable paths that you would expect the story to take. I would definitely recommend "The Help" to anyone looking for a good read. It's definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment